A new poll released today by Quinnipiac University asked New York voters what New York politician they believe would make the best president from a list of those ”who have announced, or who are rumored to be interested, in running for president, or pushing into the national limelight.” Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand came in third place with only 11 percent of New York voters saying they’d support her bid. She is the only person on the list to have officially announced their candidacy for president and is only 4 points up on Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez who has only been a member of Congress for three weeks and is too young to run at only 29 years old. Gillibrand also received a “41-30 percent favorability rating, her lowest scores since 2010, in her first year after she was appointed to the U.S. Senate and voters knew little about her.” This spells trouble for the already wounded senator. If the people in her own state don’t like her, what’s the likelihood she’ll be popular amongst Democrats nation-wide? I just don’t see how she could win the nomination at this point.
Quinnipiac Poll Results of Top Five NY Politicians New Yorkers Would Support for President:
1. 28 percent of voters statewide said former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg would make the best president of anyone on the list.
2. 17 percent said Gov. Andrew Cuomo would make the best president.
3. 11 percent said U.S. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand would make the best president.
4. 7 percent said U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who won't be old enough until 2024, would make the best president.
5. 5 percent said New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio would make the best president.
Image Via Twitter
On Monday, New York Times wri...
President Trump’s former long...